- Personal Protection
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Martial Arts
- Weapons Expert
- Tactics Expert
Randy McElwee is a Senior Instructor for American Survival Guide University.
Randy is also the owner/director of American Black Belt Academy in Athens, GA. He is a retired U.S. Army Master Sergeant (MSG) and decorated Special Forces combat veteran.
His military experience includes service with the 3rd Ranger Battalion and with the 5th Special Forces Group during the unit’s participation in the Persian Gulf War, Somalia, and Afghanistan during Operation “Enduring Freedom”. In addition, Randy has served on top secret, classified Special Category missions, and has combat experience in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Central America, Kenya, and Panama. He was awarded the Legion of Merit for service as the senior NCO responsible for the planning, direction, and execution of a Joint Chiefs of Staff-directed special category classified project during “Operation Enduring Freedom”.
During his time in Special Forces he was responsible for bringing the Gracies in to teach Jiu-Jitsu techniques and develop the unarmed and knife combatives program. He is the Director of the Special Operations Combative Arts Association and has been training and teaching Martial Arts for over 20 years. He is a featured author in Black Belt Magazine and a featured Instructor in the Special Operations Combatives Instructional Video/DVD series.
- 1st Degree Black Belt Shotokan Karate’
- 3rd Degree Black Belt Maeda Kozen Japanese Ju-Jitsu
- 5th Degree Black Belt in Okawa Te Bujutsu Kai
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt under Master Eddie Camden pursuing a GRACIE Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt under Three-time Ultimate Fighting Champion Royce Gracie
- Okawa Te Bujutsu Kai Karate’ Instructor
- Certified Goshin Ryu Ju-Jitsu Instructor
- Certified American Council on Martial Arts Instructor
- Certified Special Operations Tactical Combatives Instructor
- Certified as an Armed Forces Combatives Instructor and Modern Army Combatives, Level 1
- Recognized as an Endorsed Affiliate Team Tiger Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Instructor
- Gracie Resisting Attack Procedures for Law Enforcement (G.R.A.P.L.E.) Instructor
- Georgia Peace Officers Training Council Defensive Tactics Guest Instructor
- Founder of the A.F.E. Sexual Assault Fundamental Escapes, a women’s self-defense program
- Founder of the (K-I-C-K) Karate’ Inspiring Confidence in Kids Children’s Martial Arts Program
- Recognized as 2010 Educational Funding Company Outstanding Program Director
- Recognized as 2008 Educational Funding Company Most Inspiring Instructor
- Featured Speaker for the 2013 and 2014 Educational Funding Company Martial Arts Summit
- Former Member of the Northeast Georgia Sexual Assault Center Board of Directors